Thursday, February 7, 2013

Advice for New Moms! BABY CLOTHES!

     As much as you'll find yourself doing a lot of laundry- remember not to OVERBUY baby clothes. ESPECIALLY NEWBORN SIZES. When I was pregnant, I bought around 10 outfits in 3mth size, and we were given a lot of clothes from my cousin :). We bought maybe 6 newborn sleepers, a couple of onesies, a couple of pants, and some socks. We had a sweater given to us. That was really all we used/needed for the first month. A lot of babies aren't even in newborn sizes for more than a couple weeks. As for the 3 month clothes- we had a LOT, I managed to make sure he wore every thing at least once. But he didn't really get any real wear out of anything. He was in 6 month sleepers by 3.5 months old.

     I'm finding that it's better to get things as you need them, especially if it's your first little one. People love to get presents! One of my regular customers gave us 2 giant bags of his grandson's clothes (0-18 months!). People are so sweet and helpful! I like to keep an eye out for sales, for instance- he was wearing 6 month clothes (but he has lots of them), so when I came across 4 dollar t-shirts I bought them in 9-12 month sizes. That way we have things for him to grow into.

     As much as adorable outfits are, well, ADORABLE- you're baby doesn't care what they're wearing. I'm sure their main concern is to be comfy. Most of the time, he was in sleepers at home. Currently we have more t-shirts and pants though, so he's in outfits more often. I like to dress him up a little when we go out though. Everyone likes to show off their baby right? ;)

     As cute as jeans are- they're very restrictive. We have 2 jean overall outfits that are adorable! But I only put him in them if we're going out or something, because they aren't stretchy at all! I think they look so sweet! Like little grown ups ;) But I don't think I'll be buying him stiff jeans for a while yet, I bet they make it hard to learn to crawl - but we're not there yet! hehe

     Just remember that the more things you buy little one, the less likely they will wear all of it! I know a lot of people who have clothes packed away with tags still attached!

No comments:

Post a Comment