Thursday, April 25, 2013

Good Days, and Bad Days

     These last couple weeks have been ROUGH! OOooooh the sleep deprivation (poor Jared, gets the worst of it). He cut his first top tooth about two weeks ago- noooot a fun night at all, my poor little baby. These ones are DEFINITELY worse than the bottom ones (which he didn't even seem to notice). His second top one broke skin this morning. He also has a bit of a cold, and I recently weaned him... so I'm sure that played a bit of a roll as well.

     He felt a little warm when we woke up this morning, I took his temp (armpit), and it was like the eeeenciest bit of a fever- I gave him some tylenol and we cuddled for a bit. I thought it was to do with his teething, so we met up with Aubs and Otis for coffee at William's. He was pretty good while we were out (I could barely get him to eat all day, he just didn't seem to want anything). He was just really sleepy. I walked around the mall after we had coffee and he napped in the stroller. I waited for him to wake up before we went home because I wanted him to have a nice long sleep if he needed it.

     I'm thinking he may have a little bug along with this teething business, but I guess we will know in the morning? He finally finished his bottle and I laid him down. It's so sad to see my little man so upset- he's usually SUCH a happy guy, barely cries at all. The weather was pretty crap today too (rainy and damp). I've been using AMBESOL on his gums (he hates it when I put it in his mouth- and I understand why, it feels awful. I hate when my mouth is frozen lol), it definitely eases his discomfort. Around 8 tonight he started to feel warm again, and I think his teeth (tooth?) are still bothering him, but I don't know how fevers/teething works? He didn't seem to have a fever at all with the first two... and I can't remember if he felt hot or not when he got his first upper.

     Anywhoo, I gave him another dose of tylenol before he went to bed tonight, hoping it will cool him down. He definitely had a fever this time (not high, but more than this morning). He usually loves his baths, but tonight he was in and out pretty quick. He just isn't himself. Hopefully tomorrow will be better- planning on just staying home and cuddling with my boy.

     It's not super late yet, I'm hoping that we get some sleep tonight, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking! These teeth are just throwing everything out of whack! I would love to get him into sleeping AT LEAST 6 hour stretches, but that seems to be a lost cause these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment